Here in this article, we are going to discuss the Bidirectional battery charger for the electric vehicle like an electric car. The electric car is one of the most important innovations in the field of vehicle and transportation.
The evolution of the technology is known as a boon to this digital era. Because of the advancement in technology now we have various better options for each and everything. The electric vehicle is a better option as it is best for the environment and has less emission of the gaseous substance which can harm the environment.
As per the observation, it is concluded that the demand for the electric vehicle is increasing
Day by day because as per the user this electric car is low maintenance and cost-effective for the people as well as it is also eco-friendly as it runs on renewable resources like electricity. In this era, we have the vehicle that can be charged with electricity including both Electric vehicles and hybrid Electric vehicles.
Here in this section, we are going to discuss all the Bidirectional battery charger, benefits of the bidirectional battery charge for the electric vehicle and which is the best charging station in Australia. So lets the discussion:
What is Bidirectional Battery Charger?
Bidirectional Battery Charger is a charger mainly designed for the electric vehicle. In a very simple way, bidirectional charging allows you to charge the batteries of the electric vehicle as well as also allows taking the energy from the car batteries and pushing it back to the power grid to keep the balance momentary spikes in electricity demand.
Bidirectional charging is powered by vehicle-to-grid technology. This type of Bidirectional battery charger goes in two ways. In the unidirectional electric vehicle charger, electricity flows from the electric grid into the electric vehicle and in the bidirectional electric charger, the electricity flows in both the ways.
Bidirectional battery charger working is when an electric vehicle is fully charged then the AC (Alternating Current) from the grid is converted to the DC (Direct current), which can be again used by the car. This process is handled by the car’s own converter or the converter located in the charger. When you want to access the stored energy of an Electric vehicle battery, the DC electricity can be logically converted into the AC.
The Bidirectional Electric charger can easily handle the conversion back from DC to AC as well as it also helps in controlling the amount of the power supplied to and from the battery of the electrical vehicle. Bidirectional electric power supports the flow between the battery of the electric vehicle and the power grid.
The performance of the bidirectional controller is also tested and verified by the PSCAD/EMTDC software with various operating modes like fast discharging, fast charging, slow discharging and slow charging. And the result of this test shows that the bidirectional battery charges perform best in all the four stages.
What are the benefits of using a Bidirectional Battery charger for Electric Vehicles?
Here in this section, we are going to discuss the benefits of the bidirectional battery charger for the electric vehicles:
- The bidirectional charger has the ability to easily maintain the equilibrium of the charging vehicles and the charging site to prevent the overtaxing of the capacity. In a bidirectional battery charger, the energy flows from the vehicle to the building which shows the potential of the charger in a positive impact the energy grid, by adding power back into the grid when it is not used by the vehicle.
- The bidirectional electric charger is one of the best ways to manage spikes in electricity consumption. Instead of investing lost money in real estate property for the electricity system, it is easier to have a bidirectional battery charger which can manage the heavier loads and electric cars can also be used as temporary energy reserves.
- By using the bidirectional electric charger, the power grid, as well as the planet, get benefits from vehicle to grid (V2G). As this type of technology helps in reserving renewable energy and store it.
- Utilizing a bidirectional vehicle charger is likely to become a cost-effective electric vehicle charger. This will help users to enjoy lower charging prices.
- Using the bidirectional battery charger to the electric vehicle from your home energy supply. By this, your car can act as a source of energy during the power shortages or the outages.
- Electric Vehicle charger using bidirectional charger can help in making the money from your car by selling excess energy in your electric vehicle battery back to the grid. Energy collected and stored in your electric vehicle battery can also be sold back to the grid.
- The bidirectional battery charger is significantly cheaper than buying one of their fossil fuel-guzzling rivals.
Read More for : How much does it cost to charge an electric car in Australia?
Here at the Elanga, we provide the best charging station power for the electric vehicle at Australia. Elanga provides all the equipment related to charging electric vehicles including house charger, Public and office charger equipment, Solar panels and more. If you are searching for the best-charging stations as well as products for charging an electric vehicle at the best rates.